Coding bootcamps all around the world promise to transform people into coding pros, making them job ready. Believe it or not, it is a true fact. Considered to be the best option for people who are looking for a major career move, coding bootcamps are serving their purpose. But what makes them so effective? How are they able to train people in such a little time? We think it is their uniquely crafted teaching methodology that is doing wonders. There is more to the picture here, though:
1. Skills for the real world: Coding bootcamps have been designed in a way where a lot of emphasis lies on imparting necessary skills required for the corporate world. When a lot of diverse people come together and work in a socially supportive community working together on learning and developing things, it has a great outcome. An individual is able to work in collaboration and sometimes, individually.
2. Working professionals as trainers: Coding bootcamps hire working professionals as trainers and mentors. When you’re a working professional, you have a better understanding of the nature of technology that is constantly evolving. The trainers and mentors are equipped enough to infuse latest technologies into the curriculum enabling an even better teaching methodology.
3. Communication skills are the key: It doesn’t matter in which part of the world you are or what you do, communication skills are the utmost important thing you need. Likewise, employers look for employees who can communicate effectively. Bootcamps conduct interactive sessions for soft skills etc.
4. Resumes are passé: Resumes have been replaced by online portfolios. In an article on Forbes, the author has explained how this happened: Move Over Resume, You’ve Been Replaced. If you are a developer, it is absolutely essential for you to have a portfolio. Coding bootcamps score a brownie point here. They enhance your portfolio, and at iCanCode, our coders get to build their own online portfolio with the in-house app that we have developed.
5. What’s next?: All said and done, the final part of your coding bootcamp journey ends with placements and job opportunities. At bootcamps, there are mock interviews, written tests, and other sessions that take place perpetually, assisting you to be well endowed for that much-coveted job. Your code gets reviewed at the end of your working day and your trainer gives you tailor-made feedback. What do you do with it? You improve. You prep yourself for the job.
It is things like this that make coders graduating from a bootcamp far more employable than they earlier were.